Wednesday 26 October 2011

I Yahm Nigeria!




You welcome!

I am Nigeria. After many years of agony, I struggled to attain my independence in 1960 and became a republican in 1963. I humbly acknowledge the effort of my great but late ancestors. Each time I reminisce about people like Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Late Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe and many others, I always felt worried.

As the most populous in Africa, have been addressed with series of names such as Naija, Giant of Africa, Money Lover [national character], An adolescent that refuses to grow but to mention a few.


Ever since I attained my independence, have experienced series of political leaders, but the issue of political instability, frequent and repeated mismanagement of fund and many others are retrogressing my progress.

I am wondering about the day my people will learn to appreciate peanut. I felt worried each day as people unanimously causes scandal on me. Imagine a person that could not clarify the difference between tears and organs of government but will not stop rubbishing me in the public place.

Corruption is a universal socio and contemporary phenomenon, meaning it is common to every nations. Despite that, it is a general religion since majority practice it, small or big… People now develop interest in fooling me especially now that crude oil output has improved tremendously to about 2 million barrels per day [bpd] - $300 billion in monetary term.

It’s quite unfortunate that Nigerians that are praising Ghana are yet to travel there to live as a complete resident. Some enjoy reading foreign news so as to get information that will be used in turn to criticize me. Unlimited internet access has also worsened situation as Nigerians continue to blackmail me on Facebook and other international media, particularly when I was celebrating my 51st anniversary.

I no longer have faith in the present and upcoming generation of leaders including youths, as democracy never offered me the right leaders, they rather struggles for their own selfish interest at the expense of others.

That organization called Education Right Campaign [ERC] has frustrated my effort a lot. But I keep screaming it that the little fund I was able to allocate on education is not the main issue but have you taken your time to monitor the judicious use of the modicum. After all, our neighboring countries could not afford it and they are blazing today.

I am a nation of high and rapid growing population. Multi ethnic groups bounded with marriage of inconveniency and with other unique features. All I need is time to put things together and bring that dream you have been contemplating to reality.

I have a dream, a time will come when developed countries will fall in love with Nigeria and will be eager to come and invest and even settle in my glorious territory.


Please ask yourself these questions;

-          If truly Nigeria is bad why haven’t I leave for a better place all this while?

-          Figuratively, can I state ways in which have assisted Nigeria?

      -    What benefit have I derived from defacing Nigeria on Facebook and other international media?

      -    When was the last time I preached good news about Nigeria?

      -     If truly am a Nigerian, how do I feel each time I rubbish Nigeria?

      -     Have I ever think of what I could contribute to make Nigeria a better place and
            find ways of implementing them?

     -     Why do I blame government for every short comings rather than researching the primary cause of the problem?

The news that Nigeria is bad has manifested into what is known as ”Psycho Philosophical Hereditary” meaning some negative believes has been transmitted on young generations and is now reflecting in the way they think. They unconsciously join the campaign.

Do you know? Saying Nigeria is fool is still the same thing as calling yourself a fool or have you forgotten that you are a Nigerian…

Most Nigerian products have being tagged inferior in the international market not because of their short life span but because of the number of negativities they have recorded about us whether domestic or foreign.

It’s important to note that no place like home; good or bad, you ought to be proud of being a Nigerian, a patriotic one indeed. The way we show-case our national identity is directly proportional to the way they see or address us in the international arena.


Please learn to love Nigeria.

I wrote in pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment